четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

benzene exposure law advice




I guess I should have done ldquo;thisrdquo; forever ago, as I havenrsquo;t sat down to write something ldquo;realrdquo; for a good while now.� But here goes, even thought itrsquo;s the wee late of 10:30pm Wed night as I write this (Irsquo;m an old fart, I know haha) but Irsquo;ve been a bit sick lately so this isnrsquo;t helping anything.

So where should I begin?� Eh, whatever flows from my fingertips is whatever flows I guess.� At this point..

All and all things are going well, one of the last things I need to get is health insurance () which is obligatory and would be of great benefit right now, seeing as how Irsquo;m sick and all.� Irsquo;m not ldquo;too sickrdquo; itrsquo;s just that I have this nasty, nasty, almost bronchtis-like cough.� It just bellows from within me sometimes.� When Irsquo;m here in my room late at night Irsquo;ll just sit and cough.. And coughhellip;Eh.� I was told by some people it might be the humid weather and my body not being used to it and having to adjust to it, I really donrsquo;t know though.� All I know is that I donrsquo;t want it to develop into anything further.. Irsquo;m going to put on some socks now.� Perhaps bare feet on the cold linoleum-esque floor isnrsquo;t the smartest idea.� Ok socks on feet-- check.� Now.. Enough of the ldquo;sicky poordquo; business.

I *still* have not started working yet.� Eh.� Shrug.� I guess I should enjoy it while I can, right?� My schedule still needs to be set.� Irsquo;ve been going to the school every morning-ish (8 or 10am) to look for profs in the ldquo;salle de profsrdquo; to see if anyone is milling about and can give me something to do like visit their class to introduce myself, speak with the students about whatever for 30min/1hour, simply sit in on a class.. Choses comme ca.� I know I should enjoy the ldquo;free timerdquo; but Irsquo;m also eager to get to work.� Thatrsquo;s the American way isnrsquo;t it?� Work, work, work all the time.� I guess itrsquo;s really manifesting itself now.

Irsquo;ve spoken to a few classes about the French/ American cultural differences like the importance of working a lot versus ldquo;taking it easyrdquo; I.e.� a slow, leisurely, ldquo;south of Francerdquo; pace, working 40+ hours in the US, and seeing that as the everyday norm versus working 35hrs max per week in France.� So on and so on.� The students and staff alike are also very interesting in the US elections and our headline making stories (like the financial/banking crisis, mortgage crisis, election huzzah). I see this as quite interesting.� I wish I could discuss the issues more deeply with them, but considering how I have sporadic internet access and donrsquo;t have a TV, my other option is to read the (generally American) newspaper, which, dare I say, I donrsquo;t have time for right now.� Gasp.� What will life be like when I actually start working my 12hour work week, oh boy.� I guess wersquo;ll see.

Andhellip; Irsquo;m getting tired.. Soohellip;

I bought one of Stephen Clarkersquo;s latest books two days ago, titled ldquo;Merde Happensrdquo;. (I keep forgetting the journalistrsquo;s way of punctuating, a simple rule really.. Does the piece of punctuation go inside or outside the quotation mark?� Titles of books are probably italicized too, but whatever).� I love it, and I love the whole series.� Those of you who appreciate French culture should read the books.� Read about Brit Paul Westrsquo;s adventures of moving from London (?) to Paris, and having a go at the whole vie francaise thing.� Quite amusing and recommended

Speaking of which, just yesterday I bought a ticket to London for the 10 day holiday break at the end of this month (Oct 25-Nov5, more or less), now I just need a ticket back to France.� LOL.� I canrsquo;t wait to get my hand on some STAAAAAAAAAAAARBUCKS COFFEE� And spend some time with my cousins of course ;)� My cousin Anna and I are trying to arrange a mini vacation of sorts during this 10 day break.� I feel like Irsquo;ve spent enough time in London that what else is there to do?� Havenrsquo;t I ldquo;seen it allrdquo;?� (answer: of course not, but you get the idea)� I think spending some time in Dublin would be cool because itrsquo;s close by and a place Irsquo;ve been wanting to visit.� I just hope tickets arenrsquo;t crazy expensive right now *knock on wood* Really, I know they are, but eh, what can you do?� 10 days til Irsquo;m in London. Woo hoo

Oh and the convo hour at the Fr-American center was fun today.� A bit stop and go, since it was a pinch difficult to keep convos moving but eh,� I think Sarah and I will go again, not like wersquo;ve got anything to lose.� And yes, yet another Sarah has been thrown into the mix, so in a sense you other two Sarahs are far but near J� Plus, this Sarah is from Vancouver, BC, which makes it even more amusing.

Ok, 11pm.� Think Irsquo;ll call it quits for now.� I really want to read my book/go to sleep *right now*/not get up at 6-7am tomorrow.� Oh dear.

Oh and.. You send me address---I send you postcard Deal?

Bonsoir mes amis� A la prochaine

Oh yeah. Sohellip; I canrsquo;t believe that some of my students were born in the 90s.� How.. Interesting.

HAPPY 24TH BIRTHDAYS TO ALL OF YOU WITH BDAY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND WEEKS�:D

central fissure, benzene exposure law advice, benzene exposure law, benzene exposure landmark cases, benzene exposure journal, benzene exposure jokes.



Комментариев нет: